President Rita Bornstein and Ginger Nelson Spears unveil the dedication plaque for the Nelson Rose Garden in 1994. It reads: "Virginia S. Nelson Rose Garden: In tribute to her thoughtful generosity, this rose garden is dedicated to Virginia S. Nelson (1899 - 1992) by the students, faculty, staff, and trustees of Rollins College. Virginia and her husband W.W. Nelson, moved to Winter Park in 1940. Their daughters, June '49, and Virgina '55, were graduated from Rollins. Mrs. Nelson's gift benefits many areas of the college. She was well known in the community for her love of children, music, art, dogs, camellias, and roses. 1994"