Gale Hall is located on the east side of the horseshoe next to Lyman Hall. Since it was built in 1936, Gale Hall has housed the fraternities Phi Delta Theta (1936 - 1939, 1942 - 1943), Delta Chi (1946 - 1961), and Alpha Phi Lambda (1948 - 1951). Throughout all the years, the X Club is the only to constantly remain at Gale Hall. This Rollins exclusive fraternity was created by Hamilton Holt so that students who did not wish to be part of a Greek fraternity might have their own, as well as a place for transfer students whose houses were not represented on the campus. The members are unanimously voted to join.