The Lake Virginia boathouse was dedicated in 1904, and cost approximately $750 to construct. Esther R. Holmes gave $350, with another $400 - $500 later on. This boathouse stood until it was damaged by Hurricane Donna in September of 1960. In the summer of the following year it was removed and then rebuilt because Rollins President Hugh McKean loved it. It was rebuilt as a "modern (sic) building with floating docks and storage space for the Director of Acquatic Sports and dressing rooms for students. The entire structure was made of wood." The building was demolished during the summer of 1990 after the new Alfond boathouse was completed. Behind the boathouse from left to right are Lakeside Cottage, Lyman Gymnasium, and Chase Hall.